Saudi Arabian Airlines
The airline's main operational base is at King Abdulaziz International Airport in Jeddah, along with a couple of secondary hubs at King Khalid International Airport in Riyadh and King Fahd International Airport in Dammam. It’s the third-largest airline in the Middle East in terms of revenue, right after Emirates and Qatar Airways. Saudi Airlines or Saudia serves over 100 destinations in the Middle East, Africa, Asia, Europe, and North America. With so many flights in its kitty, the airline often comes up with promo codes and other attractive offers. After joining the SkyTeam airline alliance on 29 May 2012, it became the first Persian Gulf carrier to join one of the three major airline alliances. Saudia is also a member and one of the founders of the Arab Air Carriers Organization.
Saudi Airlines Online Booking
The Jeddah-based Saudia, formerly Saudi Arabian Airlines, is the flag carrier of Saudi Arabia. For detailed information about the airline, visit its official website, www.saudia.com. If you want to make a confirmed Saudi Airlines online booking, check out our user-friendly flight booking menu for Saudia and take your pick from some of the best fares on the market. You will definitely find lots of cheap tickets. Take your time and don’t rush through the flight booking session.
Saudi Airlines Baggage Allowance for International Flights:
Economy flyers under the ‘Basic’ category can carry one piece weighing up to 23KG for the Middle East, Asia, Europe, and Africa. For North America, the free checked baggage allowance is two pieces. For Economy Semi-Flex and Flex passengers, the allowance is two pieces and the weight limit remains 23KG. For Business and First Class, the baggage allowance is 32KG and two pieces. The standard baggage dimension for all international flights is 62 inches.
Cabin Baggage Allowance:
Saudi Airlines offers a cabin baggage allowance of one piece, weighing up to 7KG for Economy Class travelers. For Business and First Class travelers, it’s one piece, weighing up to 12KG and dimensions not exceeding (22 X 18 X 10) (In). Additionally, First and Business Class Flyers may carry one briefcase, not weighing over 9KG and not exceeding dimensions of 18 X 08X 14 (In). They don’t need to pay extra baggage charges for the same. Extra pieces across all classes of travel are subject to a weight limit of 23KG aboardA320 aircraft. This aircraft has weight limitations due to an extra fuel tank.
Infant Baggage Allowance:
On international flights, exceeding the weight of one piece of the infant baggage beyond the free baggage allowance weight is not permitted. Infant baggage is deemed to be fragmented baggage until it weighs up to the allowed limit. The excess weight of the baggage is moved to the infant under the accompanying ticket, and treated similarly to adult excess baggage, thus incurring extra baggage charges. Also, excess infant baggage is not permitted on international flights. Overall, the ‘Allowed Weight/Piece concept for infants’ is one piece, weighing up to 23KG for Economy Class, and one piece weighing up to 32KG for Business and First Classes. There is no provision for excess baggage on infant tickets.
Special Baggage Allowance
- Saudi Airlines offers certain categories of special baggage allowance. For instance, travelers using wheelchairs or crutches may carry the same in the storage area for free. These need to be sent before boarding.
- Travelers may also carry a single-piece portable dialysis device for the storage area, without paying an extra baggage price.
- Furthermore, passengers with special needs may carry Portable Oxygen Cylinder for use during the flight. Such passengers will have to ensure that they meet all the conditions required for carrying such a device, and will be exempted from paying extra baggage prices for the same.
- Blind and deaf passengers may travel with rationalized Dogs’ (type of service dogs). These dogs need to be in a proper cage, which will be placed in the storage area.
- Sporting equipment and musical instruments may be carried as check-in baggage if they same are properly packed and placed in special bags. The weight will be counted as part of the free check-in baggage allowance and if the weight is more than the free baggage allowance limit or the dimensions exceed the specified limit, an excess baggage charge will be levied.
Excess Baggage Allowance
Saudi Airlines provides an excess baggage allowance facility and travelers need not pay extra baggage charges for the same. AlfursanGold, Silver, Elite, and Elite Plus members on domestic flights may carry an extra piece of baggage, weighing up to 23KG. Similarly, these passengers may carry an extra piece of baggage, weighing up to 32KG on international flights. Also, 6th freedom passengers from/to USA and Canada may carry two pieces across all classes of travel, without paying extra baggage charges. Renal Failure patients are also entitled to free excess baggage allowance.
Saudi Airlines Online Check-In
- Online check-in or web check-in for Saudi Airlines flights is allowed between 48 hours and up to 1.5 hours prior to the scheduled departure time of international flights and one hour prior to the scheduled departure time of domestic flights.
- Web or online check-in cancellation is allowed until an hour before the scheduled departure time of domestic flights and till 1.5 hours before the scheduled departure time of international flights.
- Departure gates for Saudi Airlines flights are closed 15 minutes before the scheduled departure time of domestic flights and 20 minutes before for international flights.
Saudi Airlines Airport Check-In
Passengers of Saudi Airlines, planning to check in at the airport itself for domestic flights need to reach the airport two hours before the departure time, while the time is three hours for international flights. The Saudia staff members at the airport assist passengers requiring special services regarding scenarios that may involve unaccompanied minors, seniors, and differently-abled passengers.
Amenities Offered by all Saudi Airlines Flights
Saudia’sIslamic content library is the biggest amongst all airlines. This includes the entire Quran, recited by different renowned reciters, as well as religious programs and special material for Hajj and Omra, and programs of the two mosques. Saudi Airlines offers over 4000 entertainment hours spanning movies, music, cartoons, Box Sets, and TV programs.
Visually-impaired passengers flying by Saudi Airlines may enjoy ‘Audio Descriptive Movies’, while hearing-impaired guests may enjoy ‘Closed Caption Movies’.
Saudia also has a huge collection of magazines, along with local and international newspapers. For food, Saudi Airlines serves some of the best in-flight meals. Take your pick from a wide array of choices, spanning scrumptious dishes from different parts of the world. The amenities and facilities also vary across the different classes of travel.
Saudi Arabian Airlines Booking FAQs
Q. How to book Saudi Airline tickets?
A. Visit the flight booking menu of Easyhop & type in your origin and destination airport codes, now enter your travel dates and specify if it is a one-way trip or a round-trip one. Simply select the ‘continue’ option to proceed with (the booking) then click on the payment option and opt for the payment method of your choice
Q. How much will Saudi Airline tickets cost?
A. If you make your reservation too soon before your intended departure date, the fares may go up in price as well as vary depending on the locations. Booking your flights in advance will help you save money on your airline tickets, and also aid you with enough preparation regarding your travel endeavors.
Q. Does the Saudi Airline provide free food?
A. Yes, meals are included within your flight ticket costs, so there are no extra charges for the same.
Q. How to select seats in Saudi Airline after booking?
A. You may choose your preferred seat through the web check-in process that would allow you to survey through the occupied and unoccupied seats on the entire flight.
Q. How to check Saudi Airline’s flight status?
A. Visit the airline’s website, select (Flight Info) then click the flight status tab. Now, you may now proceed to check the flight status.